'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Agios (Saint) Stephanos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Villa Stephanos & Eftihia CV Travel

Agios (Saint) Stephanos, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulaf Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Villa Stephanos & Eftihia CV Travel
    Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:53pm
Thinking of booking one of these for June but CV travel says they are being refurbished so there is not much info on the inside of these villas or photos either. Has anyone stayed in either so could tell me what they are like and the standard etc? I recognise the names, did Meon used to have them? Thanks
Christina12myrc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina12myrc Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 11:40am
Yes Meon did used to have them and I have been in them and they are of a good standard but were needing a little updating.  Great space, views and location.  Not too big or small but depends on your party of course and their taste and preferences. 
Paulaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulaf Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 11:48am
Thanks, there are only two of us but we like a villa for the space and private pool. To give you an idea of what we like we stayed in Melissionia House a few years ago when Meon had it. How do these villas compare to that say? How does CV compare to Meon, is it more or less upmarket?
Their site says they can arrange flights but I don't recognise the flight number, do you know who they use?
Paulaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 1:32pm
Hi christina12myrc, I believe you've sent me a PM but I can't access it yet I think because I'm a new member? Can you post the content on here instead please if possible?
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D11burton Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 12:36pm
Hi Paulaf
We have been staying in Villa Stephanos (aka San Stefanos House, etc., depending on travel company) for quite a few years. We had been in several others, but once we stayed there it became a favourite (apart from a rather lurid orange colour for a few years, now changed).  It's changed travel companies a few times - I think it was with Thomson the first few times, then changed to Meon a few years ago.  When it changed to Meon, the price went up sharply so we booked Eftihia instead - just as good, not quite such commanding views, but only a few steps to walk down to get to the edge of the harbour and a short walk to the tavernas. Last year, Eftihia was booked up so we went back to Stephanos. They're both quite a good size - there are only two of us too, but, like you we like the space and a private pool.
Stephanos has four lovely bedrooms on the lower floor and a half, then a big kitchen and sitting room on the top floor with an open-sided (covered over) outside lounge area with fantastic views in all directions. A short walk through the land below and on to a lane into the village. Eftihia similar, slightly smaller and just down the steps to the water's edge. Loved both villas, and very well positioned, close to the village centre but still quite private (and not up some of the steeper hills around).
To our minds, both were in pretty good condition and well provided throughout, so we wouldn't have thought they needed much work - a few little bits of DIY here and there maybe. But there are quite a few new villas around, so maybe the company wants to upgrade them a little to compete with the newer ones (and maybe up the price a little). We were expecting to go for one of these two again this year (autumn), but haven't got round to it yet, so thanks for the intelligence - perhaps we need to check.
Good luck and yammas.
David
Paulaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 4:47pm
Hi David,

Thanks for your comprehensive reply, unfortunately the villas turned out to be booked for my dates (the CV travel website was a bit ambiguous whether they were available or not esp as you can't book online with them). So we've booked Villa Danai with Meon which looks lovely, a bit further out but with great views.

Paula
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D11burton Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 10:50pm
Hi Paula
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Ag Steph is a great place to be. People so nice and village just great. Enjoy!
I'm also a bit puzzled, as I thought Stephanos had transferred to CV, but I see it still comes up on the Meon website, with availability? Any clues? 
Yammas,
David

Christina12myrc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina12myrc Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 11:14pm
I cant find Villa Stephanos on the Meon website. Its definately with CV Travel this year. However, San Stephanos House is still with Meon but this is different to Villa Stephanos.
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 9:55am
D'oh, thanks, Christina, my mistake.  I was thinking of San Stefanos House in my description, and, as our own choice has been San Stefanos or Eftihia, and they are both on the same headland, and there was talk last year whether or not both might be moving to CV, I immediately thought of this one.  So, no, never tried Villa Stephanos.
Yammas, David (Confused of Surrey)
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 1:40pm
After my confusion before between Villa Stephanos (which we've never stayed in) and San Stefanos House (which we've stayed in a number of times), I've ended up booking Villa Stephanos for the first time for this October. Happy to hear any comments from other visitors.

Yammas, David
Susied View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susied Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 10:23pm
We booked Villa Eftihia through CV travel and go in 7 days time. I was hoping to see up to date photos of the interior and also details of facilities after the villa refurb. Does anyone have any? I'll be happy to post any photos on our return.
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 11:32am
I thought it a bit sad that no one had much to say about Agios Stephanos this summer/autumn. Perhaps this reflects that little changes here (that's good).

We got back on Monday. We stayed in Villa Stephanos for the first time (through CV) and loved it - comparable to others. Although the rep said it could do with a little bit of upgrading, it was absolutely fine, much as we expect. We got talking to a couple in one of the tavernas and they were staying at Eftihia (which is why we were unable to book this). They said that, during the changeover, they walked up to Stephanos and looked round it and would have preferred it to Eftihia (because all on one level). We would have preferred Eftihia because closer to the harbour. So maybe we'll swap next year.

Yes, and nothing much changes in Ag Steph. (Although Dinos has moved from Damianos to work with his brother at Kochilli.) But what financial crisis? There still seems to be quite a bit of building work going on with new structures appearing in gaps here and there. One or two new villas and some works in progress.

Looking forward to next year now. Yammas,
David
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 3:03pm
Hi David

Yes, nothing much changes, just as you say.

I was there a couple of weeks ago, with my Dad - he wanted to have a look at our house in Porta now that its habitable.  It was still very warm and the weather was just about perfect.  We were only there for a long weekend, but worth the effort, as usual.

Lynn, my much better half is there at the moment, closing up the house for the winter.

I think that the village was much busier this year than last (certainly the tavernas were virtually full on a couple of evenings) which is a very good sign.

Martyn
Lintee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lintee Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 12:26am
Hi - we have stayed in both Villas whilst they were marketed by Meon and found them to be very convenient to everthing and perfectly adequate. This year we booked Villa Stephanos through CV Travel and found the differences to be purely cosmetic - chair covers, new sun umbrellas and pool towels provided. The bedrooms had some new but basic furniture and the beds were as uncomfortable as ever! The price had also gone up quite considerably too.

All this said, would we stay in them again??? Of course we would! Their location is, as far as we are concerned, the best, particularly as we choose not to drive. We did point out to the CV reps (at the drinks reception - that's another story) that we did not feel the changes justified the price increase but as they were fully booked almost the whole season I don't suppose it will make any difference.

Which ever you choose you will have lovely views and not be disappointed.
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:27am
Hi. We didn't think it much different to last year for much of the week - fairly sparse on a few occasions, but, yes, as you say Martyn, there were two or three evenings when the tavernas were fuller than we have seen for quite a while and doing a roaring trade. This particular corner of Greece doesn't seem to be suffering too much, although maybe locals will say different (albeit that Costas, Nicos, etc. always say that it's been a really good season).

Oh dear, Lintee, we didn't find the bed uncomfortable at Stephanos, but maybe that has something to do with time spent with aforementioned Costas, Nicos, etc.! Yes, reasonably standard furnishings but really as we expect (and try not to spend too much time in the villa). As you say, great location, although I would add San Stefanos House to that too, as it does look out in all directions from the headland and is no further than Villa Stephanos (although I don't know whether the path from the end of the garden will remain accessible with the new villa being built in the field just below it). Like you, those are our favourites.

And I have to say that the CV rep, Christine, really went out of her way to help, above and beyond the call of duty, when we had problems with computer access to the Wi-Fi (although smartphone recognised it). I wonder what your 'another story' is!

Yammas,
David
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 12:10pm
Quite David, I'm also intrigued.
Bob.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Lintee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lintee Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 4:55pm
Hi David

We were there early in the season and the CV reps did mutter something about the possibility of mattress toppers - perhaps you were lucky. The beds were certainly extremely firm to say the least!

The incident at the rep's gathering involved Mrs Hooray Henry who, along with her husband, planted herself with a couple sitting near to us - we were six together and the couple were waiting for friends. She then proceeded to tell all present her life history in a very loud voice and, when she saw my husband stand up, reached over to him with her glass and said 'mine's a rose' - not even the 'P' word! He was so shocked he actually fetched her one! Again, no 'T' word! We departed and his comment was 'I can't believe I stood for that!' We had a good laugh at his expense but decided these events are not for us!

Totally agree about St Stephanos House. It is fabulously located and was very accessible via the little path past the chickens but probably won't be once the new villa is finished. It is a bit of a haul up the lane past Bolovinos House and Sotoris. When we stayed there we were a group of 6 fairly fit adults but it would not be suitable for small children or the less able due to all the steps and low walls. We rather felt like the Rothschilds when we stayed there with the wonderful views from the upstairs terrace but find Villas Stephanos and Eftihia more family friendly now we go with our daughter and her children.

I love the place so much I would be happy in a tent...though I hope it never comes to that!

Lynne
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:06am
Thanks for not leaving us in suspense, Lynne. Yes, we had a quick free glass of wine and a nibble and didn't stick around - tavernas beckoned.

Yammas, David
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic