'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Paleokastritsa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Returning To Paleo after 5 years

Paleokastritsa, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mshappy89 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Returning To Paleo after 5 years
    Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 2:43pm
I last visited Paleo 5 years ago when I was 17 and got loads of useful info from this site! It was simply beautiful and have been itching to get back since. We stayed in the Olive Grove apartments.

This time round we are looking to stay at Paleo Inn. My boyfriend and I are hoping to travel on 09 September for 2 weeks. Is the weather still okay this time of year? I can't book until payday but we have decided I think.

From what I remember I never had a bad meal during my time there! Any recommendations? I do remember Belvedere! Also with the financial issues is Paleo still thriving as I don't want to go somewhere where everything is boarded up!

Can anyone advise what the car hire regulations are in Paleo? I have held my licence 3 years and am 23 would this be sufficient to hire a car?
Paleogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paleogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:52pm
Ah it's lovely that you have decided to visit again. Paleo is much the same but you will see some improvements and some changes. From the Paleo Inn to the main beach things are pretty positive but the start of the resort has tended to be quireter over the last couple of years.There are plenty of tavernas to choose from and you're right, no bad food Big smile. People are genuinely worried about the future as you would expect but I have had no change in the warm welcome in resort.
In September the weather is still 75-80 degrees but we usually have a storm at some point in September when the humidity is cleared by a good lot of thunder. It doesn't tend to last all day and you just have to go a walk or sit over a long lunch. Last September we were unlucky and had a few days of dull weather but this was into the 3rd week. September is a popular month so there are people about. It can be quiet at night unless you are with me and the Paleo Crew when we have one of our Belvedere parties  Embarrassed.
I hope you get something booked. I don't know the answer to the car question as I'm an old crone and have been driving a long time. I imagine if you over 21 you should be OK. Good luck.
I can close my eyes and see Paleo but it's not the same.........Roll on my next trip.
Mshappy89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mshappy89 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 8:05pm
Thanks for your reply that's a great help,

I am so excited, my boyfriend hasn't been before but I keep telling him its the closest thing to paradise.

We are hoping to go for 2 weeks. Will we manage to find enough things to do to keep us busy?
Paleogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paleogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 8:45pm
Maybe not the person to answer that as I am soooooo lazy. There is swimming, boats, the aquarium place with snakes and fish (you get to handle the snakes fab Tongue), bus into town for the shopping, walking, car to see the villages around which are a must Star, Aqualand if you like waterparks (you would have to do an organised excursion or drive yourself as it's a few kms away), the monastry, there is a diving school, watersports and trips into the caves, trips to Paxos etc. Tired just reading that...off for a lie down Embarrassed.
I can close my eyes and see Paleo but it's not the same.........Roll on my next trip.
Mshappy89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 9:18pm
That sounds good. How new is the aquarium?
Mshappy89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 9:23pm
We stayed at Olive Grove apartments in 2007, any idea if they are still around? x
Dennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:10pm
My wife and I enjoy going to Corfu in September and stay at Agios Georgios north (in the next bay to Paleo). I don't recall a totally bad week and the weather is usually ideal with lots of sunny days. However some rain can be expected in 2 weeks with the possibility of spectacular autumn storm which usually give way to a sunny day though.

As regards car hire I am not acquainted with the companies operating in Paleo but can say that minimum ages can vary between companies. For some it is 21 and others 23 so you might have to shop around. The minimum ages can also vary between Car Groups, with A and B being lower.

Bear in mind that you are not restricted to Paleo companies as many companies deliver from other resorts at no extra charge. Trade is getting poor for the hire companies in September so prices are lower and can be 'cut-throat' at the last minute.

Paleogirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:12pm
The aquarium has been there 2 or 3 years now. The guy had been renting initially but took it over himself last year. Small place but get him talking on the feeding etc and you will spend a lovely hour or so inside. Handling the boa is fabulous Star
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic