'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Late September Holiday - Best Resort

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizajay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late September Holiday - Best Resort
    Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 12:57am
Hope nobody minds me asking this question again (I originally asked it about Roda)...we now know youngests sons plans following his A level results today, and are in a position to book a holiday for mid to late September (for just the two  of usBig smile) ...
As I said we originally thought of Roda (familiarity, we love it)...does anyone have a better suggestion, where we might find a few lively-ish bars/nice restaurants/good walks...
a change might be nice?
Have found good bargain for Roda, but am open to suggestions for pastures new!
Thanks in advance
xxxxx
Kath Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kath Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 11:29am
If you dont mind me asking where did you find the bargain for Roda - I am looking for something early October.

regards, Kath
Janmanessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janmanessi Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 11:38am
Look at Agios Gordios also- easier access to town too, which can be good if weather a bit dodgy
DAVID1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVID1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 12:22pm
I know Elizajay that you've not long spent a few pleasant days in in Agios Gordios and you must have been a few places on Corfu over the years.

I would think Barbati might meet the criteria you list or another thought would be Agios Stephanos (NW). That will supply all you need plus plenty of walking options and magnificent sunsets from either the beach or up the hill at The Romanza Hotel.

Happy choosing! Big smile

David
This is My FAVOURITE Website!!

Missing Corfu!
Elizajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizajay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 4:13pm
Thanks for the advice everyone... and you are right David we had 4 days in Ag Gordios before our week in Roda last month, and very lovely it was too! Have wondered about San Steph NW a few times...so that fits the bill you think then? Will do some research, and see if there any bargains to be had Big smile
Kathbrian, the bargains were on both Thomsons, and the Co-op travel http://www.cooptravel.co.uk/

Cheapest I found was 21st September, 1 week self catering in Roda transfers included for £617 (the flights were around £600 alone with EJ)...Approve
TOPCHEFWOODIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPCHEFWOODIE Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 5:31pm
That for Two Eliza. What's the accomodation? For£17.
Or am I missing something!!!! DOH!!!
Woodie.
JUST DO IT! MAKE LIFE BETTER.MAKE FOR KALAMI,CORFU
Elizajay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 7:06pm
YEP! thats for two of us...a package deal with CO-OP travel, for flights/transfers and self catering apartments in Roda. 
(The £600 was for flight only for similar dates (again for 2 of us) from Manchester...with EasyJet.
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 9:28pm
I have to say Kassiopi, it has it all.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Jaybird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jaybird Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 10:32pm
I think it would be wise to stick to the larger/lively resorts if you want 'lively' bars etc.  I was shocked at how quiet Sidari was for early August - it was more like June - the bars did not seem to be as busy as they usually are for August.  It did make me wonder what it would be like in September/October this year - i.e. if the places would quieten down even earlier than usual for those two months.
TOPCHEFWOODIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPCHEFWOODIE Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 10:56pm
We were over in May. everywhere was quiet. mind you it allways is fairley quiet at That Time.
were going back to San stef N.W. Sept and then on to Kalami.
love them both San Stef is much more Action,altough within reason.( I quite Like ELVIS) Really Good Fun ( I like a bit of Fun) on Holiday.
However I LOVE Kalami it's a whole different Ball game.So Laid Back.
Just can't get enough of either.
Wel done Eliza? You have a cracking bargain. Just enjoy wherever you go! Im'e sure you will.
YAMAS.
JUST DO IT! MAKE LIFE BETTER.MAKE FOR KALAMI,CORFU
Sooz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 11:03pm
Ag Stefanos NW is a great resort but not sure how lively during September.  Another suggestion would be St George South...I know a VERY lively bar called Mad Mikes!Wink

I'm surprised that Sidari is quiet during September...doesn't hold out much hope for the rest of the island if this is the case. 

But I am sure wherever you end up you will have a great time.

Sue
Corfu...I came, I saw, it conquered!
Elizajay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 1:44am
Hey Sooz, you may remember we told you about Mad Mikes, even though you stayed up the road from his bar you hadnt gone there! We loved it and so do you now! Not sure St Georges south would be our cup of tea end of season though we were there end of May and it was quiet enough then Embarrassed
Cannock Girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannock Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 10:56am
Try [greece cancellations] price includes flight, accommodation and transfers. We have been using this site for years, just type in your island, dates, and departure airports.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic