'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kalami, Kouloura and Agni
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Buses To Corfu Town

Kalami, Kouloura and Agni, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice123 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buses To Corfu Town
    Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 2:23pm
SmileI am going to Kalami in September for the first time. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to Corfu Town on the bus?
Canarydave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canarydave Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:01pm
About an hour and a half I believe.  As an alternative there are boat trips to Corfu Town from the Kalami area too.
Deedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deedee Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:04pm
Hi Janice123

Bus takes about an hour.  It is cheap and they are air conditioned.  The road follows the coast for most of the route and you get some fabulous views.  It is the Kassiopi to Corfu town service and you should get a seat if you're getting on at Kalami.  Just be aware that there are several stops between Kalami & Corfu town and the bus will not necessarily stop taking on passengers when all the seats are full.  The bus does not come into the resort, it stops on the main road above Kalami.  it runs 4 times a day, the tourist offices in resort and the A & A reception will have the timetable.  There is no evening service.

There are alternative ways to get to Corfu town although they all cost more than the bus.  There's an excursion to Corfu town by coach and there are excursions by boat out of Kassiopi (the boat picks up in Kouloura, next bay to the north of Kalami, you can walk round).  Both of these can be booked at the tourist offices in Kalami and I think they are around €10 and €16 respectively per person (return).  There are also smaller boats, there were three last year, that pick up in Kalami.  last year we went on one of the speedboats, Kalami to Corfu town in 15 mins, €20 per person (return).  Again, these can be booked in the tourist offices.
The evening excursion to Corfu town by boat is a lovely experience.

I hope you enjoy Kalami and have a great holiday, Deedee Big smile
Are we there yet?
We've been and come back but we're going again.
Janice123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice123 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 4:36pm
Thanks Deedee, that gives us more of an idea how to get there. I can't wait to go now, only 5  weeks to go, I think we might be there at the same time as you.
Lily's Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily's Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 4:56pm
I agree with Deedee, the evening boat trip is lovely and the town is not as hot as it may be in the day time. Have a lovely holiday
and Charlie, Nia and Daniel's Gran too
Janice123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 5:05pm
Thanks, this does sound a better option.
Sidneylarkin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidneylarkin Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:54pm
If you go on a Sunday the times are different. We got caught out one year as they don't return as frequently as during the week. We got back to the terminus early and ended up walking to Gouvia just to kill some time till the next bus. Make sure you check the timetable thoroughly and ask at the terminus. If you go during the week it's best to get the bus before last as the last one can get pretty full and you may not get a seat. Again, we found out through experience! Enjoy KalamiSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic