'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kalami, Kouloura and Agni
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Gouvia By Water Taxi?

Kalami, Kouloura and Agni, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fishdockroad Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gouvia By Water Taxi?
    Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 4:24pm
Hi all, 
Returning to Kalami after a couple of years abscence and by chance have some family staying in Gouvia at the same time. Is it possible to get a water taxi from Kalami down to Gouvia and to Corfu town? I know we can get the bus down there but am trying to avoid doing that as as much as we enjoy the day out we all know how uncomfortable it can get in 40 degree heat!! I really need it to be direct from Kalami itself for ease. Another option is to do as we did previously and hire a boat through Gina at the A and A and motor down there ourselves. We met a couple who had hired a boat and they went down to Corfu town which seems a long way to me and as Gouvia is only about 8 miles out of Corfu am unsure whether or not its a good idea Smile 

Thanks

John
Canarydave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Canarydave Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 7:02pm
I think most of the hire boats have a limit southwards of Barbati. I would suggest Alex and George of Agni boats who may be willing to give you a bespoke service. Alex' phone number is  
+30 6973836433. They have their own website for further info. http://www.agniboats.com
Ellenjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ellenjay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 8:13pm
Your best bet might be to meet up in Corfu town - you can join the day trip boat from Kassiopi, you can book it in Kalami and it will pick you up from Kouloura and drop you back there. Your friends can catch the blue bus into Corfu town from Gouvia.
Argostoli in 12 weeks!
Werangels View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Werangels Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 12:17pm
I agree with Dave and suggest you should email Alex.  We have been to Corfu Town a couple of times however we have a boat at home.  Alex or George may even take you down there.
Deedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Deedee Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 3:54pm
You could also try asking in the tourist offices in Kalami.  There are boats available to charter and there are boats that do trips to Corfu town (picking up in Kalami), you might be able to make arrangements with one of those for one of the days they are not going to town.
I wouldn't personally want to go to south of Ipsos in one of those self drive hire boats (what is the correct terminology for 'driving' a boat?), I'd probably end up in the way of a cruise ship or international ferry.  Not sure if this still applies, it used to be one had to have a licence to hire a boat over a certain hp - can't remember whether it was 25hp or 30hp.
I would agree that the bus to Corfu town is not fun.  Boat is definitely my favourite way to get there.

Deedee Big smile
Are we there yet?
We've been and come back but we're going again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic