'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Agios Gordios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Transfer From Airport

Agios Gordios, Corfu

Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stripey T-shirt Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transfer From Airport
    Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:24pm
Please can anyone tell us how to get a taxi from the airport to Ag Giordios? I know we can pick one up outside, but does anyone have a reliable and safe taxi company who operates to the village.
Thank you.
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 11:52pm
All the Taxi out side will take you. We have never had problems with taxis in all the years we have been going to Corfu. ps Welcome to the Board.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Stripey T-shirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stripey T-shirt Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 12:31am
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Do they not rip you off outside the airport, I was worried about that. Thought I might be better getting one prebooked? Greatful for any advice, also advice re the resort..thanks again   
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:45am
It's about 15km from the airport and it should not cost you no more than 30€. Have you considered Holiday taxis shuttle bus, check it out its cheaper.
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Maggy View Drop Down

Forum Storyteller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maggy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 4:03pm
I think you can pre book a taxi company named Alfa taxis----I've never used them myself,but have heard many people use them---I'll try and find their number for you.
Maggy View Drop Down

Forum Storyteller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maggy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 4:12pm
Here you go Stripey T shirt---

phone number---(0030) 26630 32400
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 4:26pm
Hi,
I second Alfa taxis, my son used them last year and they provided an excellent service. Smile
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Razaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 6:00pm
We`ve booked with Alpha taxis for our transfer to Sidari on the 30th July and again for the return, (not using the coach) €53 each way. The taxis outside are fine you do need to barta a little but if you use them get the price first.Stern Smile
The only differance between me and a madman ;is im not mad,
Gill B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gill B Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 9:43pm
We've never pre booked a taxi in the last 5 years, we just go to the taxi rank outside the airport. We always ask the price before we get in, it was 35 euros each way last year.  If you would rather pre book a taxi then it might be worth contacting the owners of the accomodation you are using in the village and asking them to sort something out for you.

Gill
Gill B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gill B Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 9:45pm
Have a look at this link to find out more about the village http://agios-gordios.net/index.php
Gill

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 10:38pm
Will have to go with the taxi's outside airport I think as I emailed Alfa and they told me that as the resort I am going to in the south of the Island they dont transfer there ...but thanks for all of the advice and links everyone.
Gill B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 11:00pm
You could try booking a transfer with Travel Republic, they use Lord Travel on Corfu.  http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/airporttransfers/.  Some friends have used them a few times and found them very reliable.  Where abouts are you staying in the village?

Agios Gordis is not south, its more central on the west coast.  Do they/you mean Agios Georgios? There are 2 of these, one north west and one south west.

Gill

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 11:19pm
I did think that but - I re-spelled it out to them and they repeated that they do not go there. They asked me if I meant Ag Gorgious near Sidari...and I said no I have spelled it correctly Ag Gordios on west coast and they said no they do not do transfers there. Are they a northern based company and maybe that is why?
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 11:33pm
Hi,
Yes they are based in the north. It's very confusing as there are three villages in Corfu with similar names. Agios Georgiios NW, Agios Georgios South and Agios Gordios on the west coast. Only in Corfu! LOL
Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 11:46pm
Thank you for confirming that I have not gone mad!
Weststekker View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weststekker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 4:22pm
If you are an independant traveler, try contacting your host. Many will arrange a local taxi to meet you and offer a very good price. It is nice to see someone on your arrival holding a board with your name on it.
Yammas,  Colin.
Your Wish is my Command Master.
Laska123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laska123 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 4:57pm
Yeah go with Alpha Taxis  http://www.alfataxicorfu.net/Contact-Alfa.php and you can pre book as the airport taxis will charge you around 80-90 euros x

DAVID1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVID1 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:19am
Hello Laska123. Apparently Alpha Taxis don't do transfers to Agios Gordios (see Stripey T-shirt's post of 12th July). I'm sure Weststekker's advice is sound as so many people do exactly as he says - especially to Agios Gordios.

Given that the journey to the resort is relatively short then I can't see a problem with catching a taxi outside the airport. Just agree the price with the driver before you get in.

David
This is My FAVOURITE Website!!

Missing Corfu!
Elizajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizajay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:24am
Stripey t-shirts wife here Smile

As David says, we could not get Alpha to take us to Ag G. We picked up a taxi outiside the airport no problem, agreed a price with him (he said 40, we said 30 and agreed on 35 LOL).

StarMel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarMel Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by weststekker weststekker wrote:

If you are an independant traveler, try contacting your host. Many will arrange a local taxi to meet you and offer a very good price. It is nice to see someone on your arrival holding a board with your name on it.
Yammas,  Colin.

Is 35 EUR from airport to Messonghi a reasonably good price? My hotel host offers one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic