'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kalami, Kouloura and Agni
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Villa Eleni, Kalami

Kalami, Kouloura and Agni, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunnydisposition Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Villa Eleni, Kalami
    Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 6:56pm
Hi
Has anyone stayed at Villa Eleni in Kalami? We have just booked to stay there in a couple of weeks. Looks lovely, can't wait!  Also, any suggestions of places nearby to visit would be appreciated!
thanks

Ruthie W View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ruthie W Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 9:52pm
We walk around to Agni, go up the road past The White House, then follow the track passing a small bay then round to Agni, or walk the other way past the A & A and walk round to Kouloura.
If you hire a car the drive up to mount Pantokrator (think thats how you spell it) fantastic views from there.
Hire a boat for the day, it's good fun.

I expect you'll get more replies from other members.

Have fun.

Pharmagiles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pharmagiles Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:42am
Hi, we are staying at Villa Eleni for the first 2 weeks in September. It's our first visit to Kalami, so if we are there before you I'll let you know how we go on! The villa and views look fab, but I think a car will be needed to get the best out of it's location, particularly as it's quite high above the village.
Sunnydisposition View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunnydisposition Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 4:10pm
Hi, thanks for your messages!  We go in 2 weeks so are definitely there before you, I will let you know. We are definitely hiring a car! We chose this villa because of the views alone!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharmagiles Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 8:05pm
Great, I hope you have a fab time and I would definitely be interested in your feedback, thanks. Particularly re the bars, food shopping and the journey from the airport. It looks straight forward once your out of Corfu town, but the route in the town looks confusing! Have you had any directions from the travel company? We have booked with James Villas.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 9:20pm
Thanks! The views from the villa on the photos looks amazing, although I cannot understand the layout of the villa going by the plan can you? The bit by the pool is a separate bedroom I think which is standalone to the other part?? We received directions to the villa and looks pretty straightforward but we'll see! We booked with James Villas too. I will report back to you after our holiday!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharmagiles Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 10:43am
Yes! I'm puzzled by the layout too. I think the bit by the pool looks separate and the rest of the villa is the ground floor of a 2 storey building?? Maybe the owner lives on the top floor? All the reviews say its lovely and owner nice, so shouldn't be a problemSmile. Would be great to get feedback, thanks.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 10:23am
Hi, Sunnydisposition,

I guess you are off to sunny Kalami soon and escaping the miserable UK weather!
Have a great holiday and I hope to get some info from you when you return.

All the best Cool
Sooooo jealous!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 2:13pm
Yes we go on Monday, looking forward to it, the temp is in the high 30's!!! Have packed the sun cream!  Will report back on our return!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:31pm
Hi Pharmagiles,
Just to let you know that we returned from holidays last week and can report on villa Eleni...it's beautiful.  You will just fall in love with the view!! It was so hot though, but when you go it won't be as bad. It was about 40 degrees!! It took about 50 minutes from the airport and basically it's an easy route as it's just a drive on the main road along the coast with the sea always on your right. We found it no problem as there is a James Villa sign right outside Eleni. The place is spotless and I don't think you will be dissapointed! We had a few powercuts but that was due to fires on the other side of the Island as it was so hot. Kalami is not far but we always drove there, we saw the path people mention but it was too hot to walk it! We tried lots of different beaches and coves and ate out every night. The views at the Whitehouse are nice, but we weren't too impressed with the wine (tasted like sherry), we enjpyed Nikolas Taverna which is in a nice setting and you are collected by boat, Thomas' on Kalami beach isn't bad. We also tried a few in Kassiopi and I recommend a boat trip to Corfu town!!! There were LOTS of mossies and wasps so be prepared there! Any other questions just drop me a line!!
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:18pm
Thanks Sunnydisposition! Glad you enjoyed it!

Still 5 weeks for us but looking forward to it! Thanks for all the info: bit apprehensive about mossies and wasps, especially as I have just got bitten badly in this country!

Did you eat at Dimitri's at all? We want to go to Corfu town so the boat sounds the best way as parking is difficult I gather! Do you book or can you just wait on the jetty?

The villa sounds great, as expected. Was the layout as we discussed previously?

Thanks again

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 4:25pm
Yes we did, Dimitris is next door a teeny teeny walk from the villa and very handy! We ate there twice, nice food but people go for the view too and you already will have that!!  I would definitely say boat to Corfu, the parking looks a mare and everyone drives like a nutter there which we experienced on our way back to the airport as you have to drive through the town. The best way to book the boat, is to go to one of the travel agents and buy a ticket and they tell you where the boat will be and what it's called and what time. It costs 15 euros from Kassiopi - you could get it from Kouloura which is nearer but it's an extra 10 euroes - Kassiopi is a 15 minute drive max from Eleni so you are better to do that.

The layout - the bit above the pool is actually a car port! The bit by the pool is a bedroom and bathroom, separate to the villa which is up a few stairs and an open full balcony which is great! There is floor over the villa which isn't in use - apparently the owners (who you will meet as they come to clean the villa twice a week) sometimes stay above but they appreciate your privacy. They never stayed there when we were there and it is TOTALLY private. It is on a main road, but it honestly doesn't matter as you don't notice really.

Have fun!!
Robbiej View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbiej Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 11:56pm
Pharmagiles
The last time we were in  Kalami you could book a trip to Corfu town through Blue Bay travel in the village which left from the jetty in Kalami, it was a couple of years ago but check them out. They may save you having to go to Kassiopi or Koloura for the trip.
Enjoy your trip.

Jocelyn
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 10:26am
Thank you Jocelyn,

I will check-out Blue Bay travel. We will definately get a boat to Corfu town and Kalami would be the obvious choice for departure, so we'll see. Not long now! Hope they've saved some sunshine for us!
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 10:44pm
Just to report that the fast speedboat (Dinos boat) to Corfu town can be booked from Blue bay travel for 18 euros return. We thought this was good value as you just walk down to the jetty nearest the White House and the trip takes about 25 minutes and is very punctual. I think it was 10.30, return at 2.30 which makes it not too long a day. 
The boat drops you at the marina just a short walk to the Esplanade/Liston and the old town. A very good trip for a bit of sightseeing and souvenir shopping without the perilous drive to Corfu and the hassle trying to park!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic