'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > General Corfu Holiday Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Transfer Versus Taxi

General Corfu Holiday Questions, Corfu

Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transfer Versus Taxi
    Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:28am
We have transfer in with our package, but this year we arrive at 1pm lunch time, Im thinking because its a dinner time transfer is there a possibilty the bus might go to a few resorts before Sidari, so Im thinking of getting a taxi instead. I tried submitting a couple of forms on Corfu taxi websites but no replys, any one with an e-mail for me to try to get a quote & possibly book a taxi, couldnt do a couple of hours on the bus after the plane..Question
The only differance between me and a madman ;is im not mad,
Angela_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela_h Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:00am
We had this conversation last week, and concluded we will get a taxi to Sidari...as we also have the transfer included in our package...dont mind paying €53 ish to get there 2 hours earlier.  Dont think the coach is as bad as it was many years ago where you could have incorporated the grand island tour into it but we always seem to be the last ones getting dropped off and seeing everyone by the pool at their apartment when it could be you if you had got a taxi there Cry  We have used Alfa taxis for the past few years, spot on service ...

http://www.alfataxicorfu.net/Airport-Transfer.html

Angela
Razaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razaker Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:57pm
Thanks Angela Ive e-mailed them now, I need to know if they can take 4 adults I seen there price list too.Thumbs Up
Razaker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 1:32pm
Well I got a prompt reply from Elena at Alpha taxis Angela, & Ive booked a taxi each way. It confirmed its €53 each way, so sorted, thanks for that..Thumbs Up
Angela_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela_h Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 2:53pm
Fab...you will be at the bar in Loxides whilst the coach is probably still at the airport...Beer

angela
Razaker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 3:31pm
That was in my thinking. Yammas  Beer
Elizajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizajay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 3:41pm
Thanks for the link Angela, have just e-mailed them myself with a view to booking, my flight lands at 18.55 (changed from the original mid-day landing when I booked it Angry)...and so need to get to resort ASAP, dont want to waste a second of my first night there! x
Avva Mou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Avva Mou Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 8:43pm
Elizajay, if you are staying at Olga's you could ask Ria to order your taxi. We stay at Olga's and she sorts it for us. Not sure what this year's price is but last year we paid 40 euro each way.
Ann
Elizajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizajay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:35pm
Oh thanks for that, I will see what quote I get from Alfa and then will email Olga's...erm, you dont happen to have the email address do you Big smile
Elliemay View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliemay Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:45pm
Hi Lizzie,
Is this of any help?

Cornucopia
Of
Real
Friends
Unsurpassed
Avva Mou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avva Mou Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 12:02am
Elizajay, email is info(at)olgashotelcorfu.com I have emailed them for a price today as we fly out on 1st July.  As we only take hand luggage we are probably in resort by the time everyone is on the coach.Smile
Ann
Avva Mou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avva Mou Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 3:01pm
Elizajay, had a reply from Olga's, price is 110 euros return.  Hope this helps.
Ann
Razaker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 7:15pm
Think you`ll see my price with alfa is €53 each way.
Janet123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janet123 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 11:59pm
We opt for car hire now after nightmare journeys to Sidari in earlier years.

Seems like they are still as bad though.  I have spoken to two couples in the past week complaining about long transfer times, with the coach going the coastal route up the east coast, stopping at every resort on the way. They travelled with Olympic by the way.  Not sure if other companies do the same.

It's really unacceptable, especially if you have children in your party.Unhappy
Janet123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janet123 Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 12:01am
Should clarify, I'm talking about coach transfers, not taxi.
We found that by the time we paid for taxis each way, and car hire during our stay for several days, it was better to pick up and drop off the car at the airport, and have the car at our disposal for two weeks.
Total cost, excluding petrol, 292 euros.
Pegasus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pegasus Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 6:24pm
Hi,

We have just come back and had the worse transfer time in history. We landed at 12.30pm from Manchester, then the coaches weren't there, so we had to wait. When we did get a coach it took us until 17.00 to get to Roda, we got the Grand Island Tour! Everyone on the bus was fed up. I must say one thing though, this is the first time in a lot of years the coach has done that. Usually it takes 2 hours from the time we get off the plane. I would pay and get the taxi every time if it was my one holiday per year. Over a year for us, it would get very expensive in transfer costs if we got the taxi every time on every holiday.

Regards,
Pegasus.
JacquieF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacquieF Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 10:40pm
Four and a half hours for a transfer - eek - well that has decided me, it's a car hire from the airport for us ...
we don't land until midnight, the thought of not getting in until the small hours is horrible!  Sorry to hear that you had a rotten time, but at least you had your holiday waiting at the end.

Razaker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 8:07am
Ive got a car hire booked but its a class A so wouldnt get are cases in and with us arriving lunch time the thought of an  a long transfer wasnt an option, but Ive booked a taxi  through Alfa taxis return so I can relax on the flight have a drink and be in the resort within a hour of landing.  Thumbs Up
JacquieF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacquieF Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:40am
That is a belt and braces approach ... Smile   Transfer, taxi and hire car ... 

We also have a class A car booked - we are just going to have to squeeze the cases in somehow, we aren't taking much luggage so are hoping for the best.  The worst that will happen is that the one of us will have to wait for the transfer with two of the bags ...  let's hope not!
Avva Mou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:41am
I have also got a taxi booked.  Had the long transfer a few years ago what a nightmare.  We don't have hold luggage, so it is straight off the plane into the taxi and hopefully in resort at the speed of light, as the driver doesn't waste time. Wink
Ann
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic