'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Agios (Saint) Stephanos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

We are here to help

Agios (Saint) Stephanos, Corfu

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: We are here to help
    Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 8:15pm
Yes we are here to help if we can.
The system is up and running.
I cannot help with villas/appartments etc; ask your provider.
But we can help with Tavernas, boat hire, what is near or far.  
So ask away. 
We will do our best.
Bob.
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
DaGreek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaGreek Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 3:53pm
Hi Bob and Wendy, Agios Stephanos is our regular holiday destination these days. May be better to check later in the holiday season, but I was wondering if the money exchange (boat hire shop) above the supermarket will still be cashing travellers cheques this year? With the pressure always to use cards, and the bank charges some banks make over there making it difficult for small exchanges, I thought it would be worth checking. I prefer to bring travellers cheques as I could always cash them in the village, and I prefer paying at tavernas in cash too. We dont go this year untill September so plenty of time for me to make sure. Just got excited with the forums being back! Colin
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 5:48am
Hi Colin, as you can imagine there are more questions than answers for the future.
I'm sure Gianni and Eleni will have the office up and running as usual this season, however, I will be there for the start of the season, so I will update you afterwards.
Bob.
DaGreek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaGreek Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 1:59pm
Great, thanks Bob
Colin
Mikeyt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeyt Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 2:34pm
Hi Colin,
I must admit, I've gone with a pre-paid Euro card, so I can charge it once in the UK and then use it in Tavernas, shops, cash points etc without getting the charges whilst in Europe. 
Cheers
MartynG View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartynG Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 4:35am
Originally posted by Bob and Wendy Bob and Wendy wrote:

Hi Colin, as you can imagine there are more questions than answers for the future.
I'm sure Gianni and Eleni will have the office up and running as usual this season, however, I will be there for the start of the season, so I will update you afterwards.
Bob.
Hi Bob

I will be there for a few days (5th - 8th, inclusive) in May with a couple of friends.

Hopefully, we will bump into youin the usual placeWink.

Martyn
D11burton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D11burton Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:39am
I'm with Mikeyt, I've used a Euro card for the past three years and it has always worked out well.  Can use it everywhere in Agios Stephanos and to get cash from ATMs, and no worries about exchange rates and extra fees.
Yammas, David 
DaGreek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 12:07pm
Thanks for the idea, I will look into it.
Colin
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 2:56pm
Colin, just a pointer in case it is important,  there are no ATMs in San Stephanos. I believe the nearest is Kassiopi, there are plenty in Acharavi, transport required for both.
Martyn, look forward to it. You may have heard on the grape vine, after we left in November, our hot water tank sprang a leak, so thats the first thing to sort out when we get there.
Bob.
MCH View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCH Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 3:08pm
I know a decent plumber Bob, his name is Spiros, have his phone number if you need it Angry,
                           MCH
Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic