'
Forum Home Forum Home > Corfu > Kassiopi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have moved; come join us!

A new forum with better features and an all new experience!

If you are an existing forum member please login first then click the button below to join us.

Go!

Day Trip Advice?

Kassiopi, Corfu

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meghaneva Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Day Trip Advice?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 5:22pm
Hi everyone,

We will be back this year (in 3,5 weeks) and will have a car/minibus at our disposal this year. We are hoping to take a few trips and I just read about Porta, but are there any other "must do" trips whilst we are there?
I also read about horse riding in Avlaki? Because my two girls (5 and 7) would love a surprise like that Wink

All info is welcome Tongue

Marinka
GJJW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJJW Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 5:38pm

How about a drive up to Pantakrator and take in the spectacular views? Paleo is always worth a visit. Corfu town, Lefkimmi Lake, Achilleon Palace, drive the North East coast, the Donkey Sanctaury...there is sooo much to do. Enjoy!Smile 

GJJW
Tangerine till I die!
Andyroogolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyroogolf Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 5:42pm
You would have to go to the waterpark really with kids of that age it is great fun
enjoy what you can when you can!
Davyboy View Drop Down
4 Stars Wow!
4 Stars Wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 5:56pm
I too would take them to the Water park, then stop off at the ice cream parlor on the way back. A sure winner
Keep taking your, take a holiday in kassiopi pills.

Meghaneva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meghaneva Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 7:05pm
Which waterpark. We went to the one in Corfu town a few years ago (pre-children) on a Saturday or Sunday I believe (which was quiet, because there are no buses going), but isn't there also one in or near Sidari? I have no idea what that one is like, but I have heard stories about the ice-cream nearby...

Anyway, that's one day sorted. Thank you Clap Now the rest.
Bob and Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob and Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 8:15pm
Hydropolis, in Acharavi great fun, and on two days a week they offer an All Inclusive Deal.
Just looked up the info which is:-  from a few days ago and until 10th July,  they are open on Mondays and Thursdays for all inclusive.  Then every day from the 11th July until 31st August as normal.
Detailed information can be had from the local Tourist Offices.
Bob                                  
Jesus wants me as a sunbeam. And a jolly good sunbeam am I.
Filipas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Filipas Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 3:37pm
Went to Old Perithia this year for the first time. What a fantastic place! You might want to add that to your list - good tavernas there too, although might be a bit boring for younger kids. We went to Aqualand every time when our girls were younger - fantastic days out! For a change from driving - try the Corfu Town daily boat trips, good value at 15 euro each. You'll enjoy it - whatever you do!

Cheers

Phil
Filipas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Filipas Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 3:47pm
By the way, the horse riding place is just up the road at the far end of Avlaki beach. We passed it on a walk over to Ag Stefanos. If you pop into Avlaki Taverna for a drink, say hello to Spiro for me. 

Phil
Pam Ella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam Ella Quote  Post ReplyReply PM
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 4:06pm
We go to one of the tavernas in Old Perithia every time we visit Corfu. This year (and two years ago) we took our daughter and two grand-daughters (7 & 5) and far from being bored, they absolutely loved the place and were intrigued by the old houses and the wonderful wild flowers everywhere.

Pam....
Life's a beach and mine's in Corfu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic